A Country Girl's Thoughts on Life.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Facebook De-friending Etiquette

AHHHHHHHHH............FACEBOOK. 
Sometimes that Word can be such a bad word. My husband and I call it the "F" word. 
YES I do have a Facebook, And sometimes I wish I didn't. 
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHH. :(

People take Facebook to the extreme, or too seriously.  

So I am going to talk about FACEBOOK and it's unspoken etiquette and whether (based on my OPINION of course whether it is okay, or NOT OKAY) hahaha
And of course, it's MY OPINION, not a rule or the God's Honest Truth. Just so we have that straight. ;)

 UNFRIENDING someone.

We did a HUGE purge of our friends list recently. Because honestly, if I haven't seen you since preschool, and you don't even talk to me to me on FB what is the POINT of keeping you on. hehe. People get SO SO SO SO SO SO SO OFFENDED if someone deletes them. "Oh My Lands, they DELETED ME, It is the end of the world!" 
OKAY STOP, Obviously, it is not the end of the world. Maybe yours. ;) But not for the rest of us. hehe

And then you have to people who write you a message after you happen to unfriend them and they are OUTRAGED at the fact that you deleted them, Or the ones that write you and ask "Did I offend you?".
Then you feel obligated to add them back. 

Honestly I don't get upset if someone unfriends me anymore. I used to when I was young and immature and constantly needed everyones attention and approval. 

NOT ANYMORE> Not this girl......NO SIREE!  I will tell you like it is in a hot second.  No matter how Politically Incorrect I am or How bad I hurt your Wittle Feelings. SORRY. This lady is straight to the point. Like a sharpshooter. haha. 


ANYWAYS, back to my ORIGINAL point. I tend to get sidetracked. ;)

PEOPLE have a right to UNFRIEND. It's like spring cleaning. Makes you feel GOOD. ♥ Like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry "Do you feel Lucky today?" "Well do ya Punk!?" Okay maybe not that extreme but prettttttty CLOSE. ;) 


Back to making the ending of my point after about 745165463451341365464531 detours. ;) 
Look if someone ends up deleting you. 
DON'T take it personal. 
DON'T message them and ask why. 
DON'T get all Fatal Attraction on them and Stalk them on FB. 
DON'T post on your status about how you couldn't believe someone deleted you, You look like a pathetic 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum. 
And to this day I have never seen one temper tantrum that looked pretty. 

Just be happy. Be thankful that you are alive, Be Thankful for the Friends and Family that still put up with your nonsense on FB and haven't unfriended you yet. hehe. 

Think of Fields with lots of flowers in it and pink and purple ponies chasing butterflies. 

Okay....maybe that was a bit too far. You don't want people to think you have gone off the deep end, because you will DEFF be unfriended then. ;)

Much love to you all. 
I bid you farewell for the day. 

A Country Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment